La Luz is a small resort on a property that has been privately owned for over 30 years and was recently opened to the public. The resort was only meant to be a hide away for a family of 13 children and hence the many rooms and a large pavilion. Guests normally are surprised that the cottages could be easily filled with just the immediate family alone.
They maintain a very relaxed atmosphere by keeping the resort very natural. They have gone out of way to maintain the existing trees and have planted new ones along the way. Native materials have also been chosen as furnishings for the resort. Trying their best to keep environment clean, one way is by raking the beachfront almost everyday. In fact, cigarette butts are painstakingly picked up one by one.
They have 5 types of rooms, namely Standard, Deluxe, Junior Premier, Premier and the Premier Loft.
How To Get There
1. Take South Super Highway to the end and get out at exit 50 that leads to Batangas, Lucena and Legaspi. (It is 39 kilometers from Magallanes to the end of the South Super Highway). This is also the exit for Calamba.
2. Upon exiting (Calamba), drive straight ahead to the Star Toll entrance. The drive is approximately 20 minutes or about 6.5 kilometers. Look for the Batangas Expressway entrance (Star Toll), which leads to Lipa City. The sign is very visible and the entrance is on the right side after the First Philippine Industrial Park.
3. The drive from the entrance to the end of the Star Toll Way is approximately 15 minutes or 19.2 kilometers.
4. Exit at Tambo (Lipa) from Star Toll Way, and then make a right turn. This will take you to Lipa City proper (Batangas City is to the left. Please watch out for the signs). The name of this street is Recto, and is the main street of Lipa City. Please make a right once you hit a fork on the road with a McDonald’s (this is about 5 minutes from the exit of Star Toll way, or 1.2 kilometers). The traffic is normally quite heavy due to the jeeps and tricycles.
5. Make a right on Torres Street, which has a Mercury Drug on the corner. This is 1 kilometer from McDonald’s or 2.2 kilometers from the exit of Star Toll Way. Mercury Drug is on the right side and is before Jollibee (on the left side). You will see Greenwich Pizza and Andok’s Lechon before Mercury Drug.
6. Torres Street will take you to the town of Rosario. The drive is approximately 20 minutes or about 11 kilometers.
7. Once in the town of Rosario, please make a left on Gualberto Avenue, where you will see a Mercury Drug Store and a Jollibee at the corner. This road is the main road of the town of Rosario. There is also a big Motortrade sign and a David’s Salon that would be visible at the corner. You will also pass an Andok’s lechon Shop and a Frank’s Hamburger Stall. Gualberto Avenue will take you to the town of San Juan. The drive is approximately 30 minutes or 19.8 kilometers. You will pass a sign for the Batangas Racing Circuit along the way. Please veer left at this point. There is a La Luz sign.
8. Once in the town of San Juan, make a right after the Municipal Hall. You will see a Petron Gasoline Station, a Frank’s burger Stall and a Dunkin Donut Store right before the Municipal Hall. This road, will take you to the barrio of Hugom. The total distance from the Municipal Hall is 21 kilometers and the last 1 kilometer is rough road. Please follow the road until you see signs for the Resort. You will have to go up a couple of hills and you will see a big entrance to you left. The drive is approximately 30 minutes.
Standard 2,800.00Php max 6 people (Fan, 2 Semi-double beds)
Junior Premier 2,800.00Php max 4 people (Aircon, 1 Queen Size bed)
Premier 3,750.00Php max 6 people (Aircon, 2 Semi and 1 Double bed)
Premier Loft 4,600.00Php max 10 people (Aircon, 5 Semi and 1 Double bed)
Annex 2,800.00Php max 4 people (Aircon, 2 Semi Double Beds)
- Massage 250.00Php/hour
- Snorkeling 100.00Php/3 hours
- Boating 1,200.00Php / hour for 10 persons
- Kayak 200.00Php an hour
- Diving 100.00Php per tank (only available to professionally licensed divers)
- Volleyball 50.00Php/use
- Hiking 350.00Php/day or 700.00Php for an overnight camping expedition
- Bonfire FREE
- Board Games 100.00Php/day
Amenities & Services:
- Board Games