Our West Coast Sarangani Saga didn’t end in the Wild Waters of Maitum. Our next chronicle for this expedition is found in the municipality of Kiamba. Kiamba is one of the municipalities in the western part of Sarangani that boasts a long stretch of fine white beach that faces the azure waters of the Mindanao Sea.
One of the finest and serene places you’ll ever see in Sarangani is the Tuka Bay Marine Sanctuary located in Kiamba. As soon as you approach the shores of Tuka Bay Marine Sanctuary, you’ll see lots of nipa cottages as well as wild grasses and shrubs that even make the area more wonderful not to mention the beautiful virgin forest that backdrops the area. Cottage rate is Php300.00 and you can opt to stay there overnight.
Because Tuka Bay Marine Sanctuary is a nature reserve, it is not impossible for you to see different marine species and even monkeys! With only Php100.00, you can already rent snorkeling equipment so you can use it exploring the waters of the marine sanctuary all day. As for my experience, I did see a whole lot of colorful corals abounding the area wherein lots of fishes thrive in it. And by fishes, I mean really really big fishes!
Also found in the marine park is Manny Pacquiao’s rest house. The 14 – bedroom mansion stands perfectly facing the beach just beside the Tuka Marine Park and is only made available for the family, their guests and relatives. According to the tourism personnel, the local government had the place leased to the Sarangani congressman for 25 years.
How to Get There
- To get to Tuka Marine Park, you have to rent a boat worth Php1,500.00, which accommodates up to 15 people. The boat will anchor to the Tuka Marine Park and it will wait for you until you finished exploring the marine park and head back to the Kiamba proper.
- Rosal Beach Resort in Glan, Sarangani Province
- Coco Beach Resort in Gumasa, Sarangani
- White Haven Beach Resort, Sarangani
- Top 10 Best Beaches in Mindanao
- 23 Amazing Destinations in Mindanao